Team Haverhill is an independent, volunteer action group dedicated to making Haverhill a better place to live, learn, work and play.
Since 2006, when Team Haverhill became an independent entity, we have continued to refine our vision with periodic community conversations and annual goal-setting by Team Haverhill members.
A few of the broadly-shared hopes and visions that have continued to inspire Team Haverhill’s work include:
- Foster an attractive, vibrant downtown—and let our residents and potential visitors know about it!
- Celebrate the variety of cultures and age groups in our city.
- Use public art and cultural events to draw positive attention to our city, strengthen the economy, and bring people together—residents and visitors alike.
- Provide rich, life-long learning for all groups and ages.
- Build a healthy business environment, with many locally-owned enterprises and good employment opportunities for residents.
- Foster a “green” Haverhill that includes protected open space, farmland, wildlife habitat, and drinking water; and improve our environmental practices, such as recycling.
- Put the city on solid financial footing and reduce our debt.
Team Haverhill has a distinctive role in Haverhill’s ongoing revitalization:
- Focusing on quality-of-life aspects of revitalization, such as locally-themed public art, festival activity along the Merrimack River, and a vibrant Haverhill Farmers’ Market
- Generating volunteer leadership and energy
- Convening an annual “Possible Dreams” community conversation – to sustain the spirit of the original community-visioning process, help establish near-term priorities, and strengthen networks of co-operation
We see first-hand in Team Haverhill, which began in 2005, the positive impact that it has had on the City of Haverhill.MA State Representative Brian Dempsey